Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * World Expressions * Scary Stuff < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Bob Wall
Username: Brewdudebob

Post Number: 1869
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(tried to post this last night, but the board flaked out)

I was reading the drivel Paul, Bill & Dan posted in a cute quasi-intellectual psycho-analysis of the conservative mindset and how we are just a bunch of Nervous Nellies who cannot formulate ideas or opinions without letting our deepest and darkest fears dictate their course. While reading through that sticky goo of mental masturbation, I had the TV on, getting my nightly dose of soma in the background. (Fox News...BOO!)

Anyway, my home-girl Greta was interviewing Pakistan's new puppet, er, I mean President, Asif Ali Zardari. I wasn't really listening to what they were talking about, but it was mostly about the cross border shenanigans that Al-Quaeda and our Special Forces troops are engaging in.

I stopped reading and started to listen just as Asif Ali Zardari started talking about the history of Bin Laden and how long the US had been aware of his activities. It was then that my jaw dropped to the ground so hard I will need new floor joists...He started into how Oliver North back in the days of the Iran Contra scandal testified that he needed 24 hour protection from Bin Laden and needed thousands of dollars of equipment to protect his home!

Sound familiar?....It should. It was an internet hoax e-mail that made it's rounds shortly after 9-11. Here is the SNOPES write-up:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.asp

Now, not only did I title this post "Scary Stuff" as a tongue-in-cheek response to your liberal musings about what you think makes me tick, I want you to consider that this guy who believes that internet spam is truth has access to nuclear weapons.

Sleep tight kids. It's getting curiouser and curiouser...

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 9296
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Bob, there is an amazing amount of misinformation that some people persist in believing. Consider, for example, how widespread in the Arab world is the belief that that 9/11 attacks were secretly orchestrated by Israel in order to provoke American intervention in the Middle East.

My question to you is how and why you seem to see this through the lens of a left-versus-right debate, or do you merely enjoy goading those with whom you disagree?

Paul Hayslett
Username: Paulhayslett

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Bob,

Here's another, just for you. There's lots more where this came from. I get lots of email from my conservative relatives. I just wish the cut & paste would preserve the angry fruit salad of highlighting and colored backgrounds in the original. It's much scarier that way.

NEWS FLASH:
Chavez is NOW getting a Russian Weapons Factory built by Putin. The RUSSIANS are building an AK-47 Kalashnikov Assault Rifle factory in Venezuela to give armament support to Communist Rebel groups throughout the Americas Chavez NOW has IRANIANS operating his oil refineries in Venezuela for him. It is likely only a matter of time, if not already, before Chavez has Iranian built LONG RANGE missiles, with a variety of warhead types aimed at.... Guess Who?

CITGO is NOW in the process of changing its name to PETRO EXPRESS due to the loss of gasoline sales in the USA due to the recent publicity of ownership by Chavez of Venezuela .
Every dollar you spend with CITGO or PETRO EXPRESS gasoline will be used against you, your basic human rights, and your freedoms. He will start wars here in the Americas that will probably be the death of millions.

The original goes on for a while. I can forward the email to you directly if you want. Lots of good fear-mongering to go around!

Mike Huss
Username: Mikhu

Post Number: 2010
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul, you have some crazy friends! As conservative as I and my friends and family are I've never seen those!!

However, I do agree with not buying gas at Citgo because it is owned by Chavez. How anyone could want to support that communist jerkoff is beyond me. I suppose the same people that feel good supporting Chavez are the ones who walk around with Guevara shirts ignorantly thinking he was a freedom fighter and not the terrorist that he was.

Chumley
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 5610
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

or do you merely enjoy goading those with whom you disagree?

Well, now....here is a point Bob and I can agree on!

Mike Huss
Username: Mikhu

Post Number: 2011
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 03:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speaking of goading Chumley, I bet you were just dying to get me going after the Skins loss..UNTIL the Iggles lost to Da Bears.....

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 9298
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chumley, it's hard to hate an honest man.

Chumley
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 5611
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, losing to the Redskins isn't too big of a deal, because they are a pretty good team. I much more enjoyed goading you after T.O. started shooting his mouth off that "the ball needs to come to me" after 1/3 of Dallas' offensive plays went in his direction. What a moran that guy is.

Paul Hayslett

Post Number: 1819
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike, I get stuff like that all the time. Not from my friends (who are all limp-wristed, baby-killing, anti-gun, pro-communist, terrorist-huggers like me) but from my extended family. Mostly from two uncles, now retired with nothing to do all day but listen to angry-right radio. The one on my dad's side likes Limbaugh; the one on my mom's side listens to Keyes. Then they call me or send email to warn me to hide under the bed because Big Bad Things want to Destroy Our Way Of Life.

The Chavez thing came in this morning. A little screechier than most, but not by much. I really wish you could see all the highlighting in red and yellow in the original, all in huge typeface. "Millions will die!!!"

Bob Wall

Post Number: 1871
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 05:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul, your first response seemed to miss the point of my post, which in a nutshell is basically we have a world leader who regurgitates internet hoaxes and believes them to be fact. This is a guy we are going to have to deal with regarding cross-border incursions that al-Quaeda and our own troops are involved with.

Now that I have had time to ponder the situation, it may not be so bad. If this guy is gullible enough to repeat this kind of garbage, we may just be able to get him to believe what we want him to. I'll call Rove & Cheney after I get off work and get them on it.

And Bill, in response to your question:

"My question to you is how and why you seem to see this through the lens of a left-versus-right debate, or do you merely enjoy goading those with whom you disagree?"

This is not a left-right issue, it is an issue of a jaw-droppingly gullible world leader who has access to nukes. I was in the process of forming a response to the psychobabble thread when this happened, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

Oh, Paul, and since you brought up Citgo, I have made it a point to avoid Citgo for years now. Not out of fear, but out of disgust. If I am "hurting innocent Americans" by not lining the pockets of Hugo Chavez then I would suggest those Americans find other employers. They are not his slaves. They are free to find other jobs. I don't need any e-mail to tell me not to enrich Chavez.

HEU Brewer
Intermediate Member
Username: Heu_brewer

Post Number: 415
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 05:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

".... a jaw-droppingly gullible world leader who has access to nukes."

On second though no.... that would be way too easy

Bob Wall

Post Number: 1872
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 06:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

point taken...

Paul Hayslett

Post Number: 1820
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 06:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bob, I got your point. It's pretty obvious that you didn't get mine. I'll try to be less subtle in the future.

Bob Wall

Post Number: 1875
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 09:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul,

Small children, conservatives, and the feeble minded have trouble discerning subtlety and sarcasm.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: