Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * World Expressions * Bands: On the way up, and down < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Paul Hayslett
Username: Paulhayslett

Post Number: 2186
Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just found out that the Marshall Tucker Band will play at my little town festival next week, a free concert for maybe 500 people. Makes me sad. I remember seeing them at the coliseum with a crowd 10 times that big.

On the other side of the curve....

A crazy little band that my family has been following for years (usually watching them in coffee houses and church basements) just got "noticed". They will open for the Dylan/Nelson/Mellencamp tour this summer. If you buy tix to go see the old guys, be sure to get there early enough to catch The Wiyos. Some of the best live music you'll see in a long time.

http://www.myspace.com/thewiyos

Paul Hayslett
Username: Paulhayslett

Post Number: 2187
Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crap! I just tried to get tickets for the nearest show on the Dylan tour. $100 a pop for general admission in a baseball stadium. Ouch! I'm used to seeing The Wiyos for "$10 and please buy something at the bake sale to support the acoustic concert series". I guess that's the downside when your favorite band makes it.

Robert
Username: Okierat

Post Number: 250
Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 06:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not me man, June 22. JONAS BROS at Tulsa's BOK center!!!!! (Wish they had a smiley banging his head against the wall).

When you have an 8-year old daughter, that is what you do.........

Okay if you had told me my 250th post would involve the Jonas Bros, well I would have said you are crazy.

(Message edited by Okierat on June 12, 2009)

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 10443
Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Our kids' (17-year-old twin girls) tastes are none too sophisticated, but thank goodness they run beyond the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.

I admit that the concert scene lost me when ticket prices for the cheap seats climbed beyond $60. Oh for the days when most tickets were $8, and I saw Bruce Springsteen for a $4 cover charge at a club with only about 300 other people. This was a year before "Born to Run."

Bob Wall
Username: Brewdudebob

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 08:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My boys want me to take them to Ratdog & moe July 17th.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: