Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * World Expressions * When the Winter Olympics finally end.... < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Paul Hayslett
Username: Paulhayslett

Post Number: 2421
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 08:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When the Winter Olympics finally end, will we all be too old to care?

I admit I'm not much of a sports fan to begin with. But I think I've had enough tight spandex and human interest stories already.

dhacker
Username: Dhacker

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 03:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Say what you want, but the lady figure skaters have the best legs in the world!

Oh . . and curling . . . How can you NOT be into that?

Paul Hayslett

Post Number: 2422
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Responses to a similar post on facebook were revealing. Apparently, the only fb friends I have who are still watching are straight women and gay men. I guess that tight spandex and human interest stories are perfect for that demographic. I get the feeling that the games would have a very different feel and audience if ESPN were covering.

Still, two weeks is about a week too long for me to maintain excitement about this stuff.

Mike Huss
Username: Mikhu

Post Number: 2233
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 06:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As scenic as skating is it's downright boring without sticks and pucks. I'm still looking forward to the rest of the hockey coverage and I like watching all the skiing competitions.

I record all the coverage every day and then zip through it until I see something I want to watch. It's a great way to watch the Olympics without having to watch the stuff I don't want to watch.

Paul Hayslett

Post Number: 2423
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That sounds like the right way to do it. Obviously, I need a Tivo.

Bill Pierce
Username: Billpierce

Post Number: 11310
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 07:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did catch Shaun White's gold-medal performance in the men's halfpipe last week. All I could say was, "Totally awesome, dude!"

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: