Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Suggestion Box * Profile question < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

brewjones (63.164.163.26)
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 02:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I didn't know where to ask a general question about the board, so I thought I'd try here. Hope that's okay.

My question is about my user profile. Everytime I try to view it (and many others for that matter), nothing but an e-mail address appears.
I think I've filled everything out correctly. Am I doing something wrong or is this feature no longer available to new users (I registered last fall - '02).

Not a big deal, I've just been wondering about it. Thanks.

Brewjones

Pat Babcock (136.2.1.101)
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry about the overlong delay in answering this question. I'm just "discovering" things that I should be doing since Karl has retired!

There are settings in your profile to restrict what it displays in your profile. You have to make changes to these settings in order to alter what it displays. These are the "hide" checkbox next to each setting. Make sure these are cleared to show the associated profile entry.

It is also possible that the system has duplicate profiles for you, and the active one might be blank. In this case, when you select the "Edit Profile" pick from the Utilities menu, B&V will present you with the duplicates, and ask you to select the one that you wish to use.

brewjones (68.186.51.155)
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 03:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Pat!!

Zymie (66.214.19.106)
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...

Is there any way to make it so that you have to be a logged in user to get an email address from the profile?

Pat Babcock
Username: Pbabcock

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 02:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haven't yet IDed a method, Zymie.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: