Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Suggestion Box * I have a suggestion, which might improve the utilization of the discussion board < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Tim Hulen
Username: Thulen

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a suggestion, which might improve the utilization of the discussion board. I frequent the Dive to Dive discussion board and the www.scubadive.com site which is administrated by Rodale's Scuba Diving magazine. There is a check box you can check at the time of posting which you can receive an email when your post is answered. I received an email from a post that was about 4 month old. I made a mistake, which I discovered about 2 weeks after posting. I replied to his post explaining that there was an error. This might make the discussion board a little more efficient?

Pat Babcock
Username: Pbabcock

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Might make the DISCUSSION more efficient, but, unfortunately, not the server. We're on a pretty small pipe here, and the B&V consumes the bulk of it already. Adding email notifications, well...

I believe I left the function active; however its use is discouraged due to the load it puts on our server and on the HBD bandwidth.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: