Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * Suggestion Box * 'last day" link not working < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

greg from winnipeg (24.66.94.141)
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 09:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been getting a time-out error after selecting the "last day" link for the past few weeks.

Have others had this problem?

Greg

Karl F. Lutzen (131.151.65.80)
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Worked fine for me. It's possible you are hitting the server at a heavy load time. Try at different times during the day.

Also, we have in excess of 50,000 messages in the board and it takes time to check the dates of all these messages. Since you have a profile for yourself, I suggest you use the "New Messages" under "Utilities" and just search the "Brews & Views" topic area. It goes quite faster as it won't wade through all the other topic areas.

mike racette (209.12.32.182)
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have also experienced problems with the Last Day or Last Week selections. They always take awhile and many times stall out halfway through, forcing me to use the back button and start over.

Karl F. Lutzen (131.151.32.2)
Posted on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 09:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The problem was in the fact that the "Last Day" would search EVERYTHING! I now have it limited to only Brews and Views. It runs much faster and the poor server is breathing a huge sigh of relief. It was amazing how much it was loading the system.

If you need other topic searches, use the "New Messages" link in "Utilities".