Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Visit The Brewery's sponsor!
Brews & Views Bulletin Board Service * The George Fix Memorial Guest Book * A sad day indeed < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

drbeer (12.25.11.194)
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 09:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was GREATLY saddened to learn of George's passing. I extend my extreme condolences to Laurie.

George was a great person, terrific host and great brewer. At one time I did a lot of business in Dallas when George and Laurie still lived there and I was quite friendly with him. I am truly glad to have had the privelege of being a guest at their house, sampled George's terrific beers and enjoyed much else of their hospitality and friendship. Correspondence between myself and George had dropped off in recent years to the occasional "hi how are you", but I always considered him a friend.

George had been of great assistance to me in fine tuning and improving the sensory training seminars I teach (including helping me teach one at a past AHA National Conference), and resolving other topics of homebrew interest. His technical brewing books are among the best ever published for the homebrewing community.

George will be missed by me as a personal friend and contributor to the homebrewing community. His smile and comraderie will be sorely missed.

Let's all raise a pint to George and hope that the old German song "in heaven there is no beer" proves untrue for his sake.

Sincerely,

Jay Hersh aka Dr. Beer (TM)